Welcome to The London Mathematical Society Mathematical Sciences Directory UK
The LMS MSDirectory has been set up with the aim of becoming the most comprehensive online resource for and about mathematical scientists in the UK. Its purpose is to facilitate networking between mathematical scientists in the community from all disciplines - academia, industry, commerce and education. The LMS MSDirectory UK is designed for the advancement of mathematics and mathematicians.
Benefits of the LMS MSDirectory UK
- The opportunity to create and maintain, for the duration of your career and beyond, an academic and/or professional profile specifically focused on the mathematical sciences.
- The option to find, and be found by, other academic mathematical scientists, research collaborators from both within the mathematical sciences and other disciplines, and also those from industry, commerce and education interested in connecting with mathematical scientists.
- The opportunity to be included (anonymously) in data analysis for projects such as the Mathematical Sciences People Pipeline. Such analysis is used to make representation to national policy-makers regarding the mathematical sciences.
- The ability to bring together links to all your research and social media network profiles in one place.
- Find and (re-)connect with colleagues in academia, industry, commerce and education.
- Produce statistics on mathematical demographics - eg how many mathematical biologists are based in a particular institution?
- Mathematical Departments can find and (re-)connect with their alumni.
The following persons may be members of the LMS MSDirectory UK:
- Any person holding a mathematical sciences first degree or above (including a joint degree with another discipline) from a UK based institution.
- Any person currently working in mathematical sciences in the UK but not holding a mathematical sciences degree.
- Any person holding a mathematical sciences first degree or above (including a joint degree with another discipline) from an overseas institution and who now works or lives in the UK.
- Any person registered to study for a mathematical sciences first degree or above (including a joint degree with another discipline) at a UK-based institution. It is hoped that such students will remain on the MSDirectory once graduated.
If you have any queries about the LMS MSDirectory, please email firstname.lastname@example.org